2012年3月16日星期五

really good ideas and guides on fast publication

go there to see the details, http://yihui.name/en/2012/03/a-really-fast-statistics-journal/

Followings are my comments:


Dear Yihui, Very Excellent Ideas and applicable tech guides. I agree well with you, though I am not working in pure stat area, but in Biology. The same issues you pointed out here, occurred also for Biology and for all other academic publishing areas (I guess). We definitely need some improvements in formatting, data/code sharing, and also peer review process.

In BioMed area, f1000research (http://f1000research.com/) has made the first step. "F1000 Research will offer immediate publication; open, post-publication peer review; open revisioning of work including ongoing updates;and encourage raw data deposition and publication. In addition, F1000Research will accept a broad range of article formats and content types." I think F1000research, by its post-publication peer-review rule, would be an ideal one fit your expectation (fast publication). Do you want to express any of your ideas on post-publication peer-review? I have not found them in this blog, though I have felt your passions on that.

没有评论:

发表评论